Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managing Information to gain a competetive

Options
  • 03-10-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

i am currently doing a case study on companies that manage information to gain a competitive advantage in the market place. What i am looking for are examples of companies which have benefited from innovative use of an information management tool, technology or process.

An example would be how Dell sell online to avoid overheads and cut out the middle man thus being able to provide computers at competitive prices,

Cheers
    Basicilly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Basicilly wrote: »
    Hi,

i am currently doing a case study on companies that manage information to gain a competitive advantage in the market place. What i am looking for are examples of companies which have benefited from innovative use of an information management tool, technology or process.

An example would be how Dell sell online to avoid overheads and cut out the middle man thus being able to provide computers at competitive prices,

Cheers
    Basicilly

Don't think it's really an example of information management what Dell did or does. If it is, another such example would be moving production from Ireland to Poland to cut on labour/logistics costs :cool:

Advertisement