Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Biology by Michael O'Callaghan

Options
  • 03-10-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Grrrr, is anyone else using this book?
    I am in fourth year and we have to do all the questions at the end of the food chapter, but there are tons of questions asked and the answers aren't even in the book! :confused:

I'm having to leave some of them blank and some of them sound like typical things they would ask in the leaving, what are supposed to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Read up on the answers, be it through books or the internet.

Chances are, it'll broaden your understanding of the subject. When you really 'get' something, then it's much, much easier to remember it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I know, I can't stand this book! My teacher wouldn't/couldn't tell me when I asked her to give us the answers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I don't believe I even looked at the questions at the end of the chapters, my teacher thinks they're a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Go out and get a second hand copy of Biology now..it has a purple cover on it....it is a book just concentrating on all you need to know for the lc biology... I use it with my students all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lawliet wrote: »
    I don't believe I even looked at the questions at the end of the chapters, my teacher thinks they're a waste of time.

Same here.
    My biology teacher doesnt give us written h/w.
    Instead she makes us go home and learn the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Grrrr, is anyone else using this book?
    I am in fourth year and we have to do all the questions at the end of the food chapter, but there are tons of questions asked and the answers aren't even in the book! :confused:

I'm having to leave some of them blank and some of them sound like typical things they would ask in the leaving, what are supposed to do?

Google usually works a treat if your ever stuck in Biology I'd recommend revise wise Biology too it explains things in a really concise easy to understand way

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Revise wise - every answer i ever needed i found in that book :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I think it's good that the book challenges understanding as well as knowledge - this happens in the exam too. It's better to be stumped by a question and really have to think about it then to just be able check the facts in the chapter. IMO.

My teacher used to just say "we'll go through the questions on that chapter tomorrow in class" so we'd have time to look them over, and then go around the class one by one and ask us each a question. Seemed to work pretty well, we never had any problems anyway.

I <3 LEAVING CERT BIOLOGY BY MICHAEL O'CALLAGHAN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I think its a pretty good book, much better than chemistry live speaking of science subjects!
    Loads of pictures and helpful explanations, chemistry live is all text and dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Denis Horan

Anyone know the unique access code, page v on book

• Advertisement
Advertisement