Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Ballot Box in Polling Station?

Options
  • 03-10-2009 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi, I may be wrong but I think there was something odd about the ballot box in my Local polling station last night.
    I was looking at photos on the internet this morning of the great and the good casting their vote and all the ballot boxes looked like they were strong metal boxes with a pad lock on them.
    The Ballot box in my local polling station was a plastic box with quite a large slot in the top of it. The slot was big enough for my wife to get her hand quite far in and she was able to touch other peoples ballots. It did not appear to have a pad lock on it instead it was held closed by the same sort of ties that you see on fire extinguisher to stop people from tampering with them.
    I would be fairly certain that last time I voted it was in a standard ballot box, with a padlock and a smaller aperture.

Did anyone else notice anything like this or am I getting paranoid in my old age.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

someone is altering the results.

please dont say it to anybody or else we'll have to vote again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Declan ganley would be very interested!

Sounds just the same as the ballot boxes that have always been used in my polling station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Those are the new extra tamper proof boxes that don't need locks they are so tamper proof.

Seriously though, probably just new boxes for areas that need them. My area had a big old black box. I'd give anything to get a shiny plastic one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Hi, I may be wrong but I think there was something odd about the ballot box in my Local polling station last night.

A c`mon now..where have you been...did you never watch Sesame Street on the Telly....do you not remember the grouch who lived in the bin ?

Each of these "new" boxes had a member of Ógra Fianna Fail contained inside with a peann luaidh and a "rubber" (eraser)....voilá...a complete reversal of fortune...victory snatched from jaws of defeat....Pauline conversion.

Sadly however the Ógra folks in Donegal are all away workin in New York :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
Advertisement