Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

updated web site

Options
  • 03-10-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi Guys just launched my second attempt at designing a web site any chance ye take a look and give me some fed back ( good or bad lol )

www.seag.ie

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Very basic, but tidy and does the job.

Few small things (like the "Map Locating Ability Matters" text link on the "Find Us" page taking you to the Links page - the arrow goes to octo_009.htm - the map - while the words go to octo_008 - the links) and the last paragraph having the wrong font.

Also, remove all underlines (e.g. "Next Meeting" page - octo_002.htm); an underline is ONLY for a link and should NEVER be used on the web.

Ideally, use h1 and h2 tags (using CSS to style it) and get rid of font tags.

There's also lots of unnecessary code and HTML markup in there (span tags, class="MsoNormal", etc, that makes me think the original text was done in something like Microsoft Word ? Not a major issue for a site like this, but best removed if possible.

Finally, if you want people to find you on the web in Google, etc, make sure that the page titles have more info - "Home" and "Find Us" could be anyone, whereas you should have "The South East Amputee Group" and "Find the South East Amputee Group" (and similar for other pages)

Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

You have a code quality of 8.5 out of 10. You should validate your css and html pages. Take out the inline styles and put them into a css file. Search engines love high quality contents. The point's Liam explained will also help.

Advertisement