Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting permission from owners

Options
  • 03-10-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

im going to try and get permission to investigate a site and was wondering if any of those who have experience might be able to tell me the best way to go about it .i dont want to go up there and say HEY I HERE THERE IS A FEW SPIRITS GOING AROUND HERE MIND IF WE HAVE A LOOK or mabey thats the best way:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

if you are emailing you could use these

Request to Investigate Letters

Hello~

My name is _____________________ and I am with a Paranormal Research Investigation group in _________________________ known as __________________________________.

Based on the purported accounts of paranormal activity at ________________________, I am writing to you regarding the possibility of our team conducting a paranormal investigation there. Our investigation would consist of setting up various types of recording and electronic equipment in an attempt to capture some of this activity for further research. Since most paranormal activity seems to occur during the late evening hours, we would request to perform our investigation overnight.

Although there are many potential places to investigate in ____________________________, __________________________ was highly recommended to us. We hope you will consider allowing us to investigate this property and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your time~

To whom it may concern:

Our team, __________________________, has been notified that the property of
    _____________________________ may have some paranormal activity having been reported via
    sight, sound, or other activity to outside participants. I am writing this letter to you in hopes that
    our team may be able to do an investigation to clear some of the mystery around the reported signs
    of activity. The time, date, and conditions of the investigation will of course be discussed before any
    action will take place.

If you would be interested in letting us try to clear up some of the mystery behind the reported signs
    of paranormal activity, or would just like to discuss the possibility of what the activity may be for your
    own future referrence; please feel free to contact our team at ________________________________
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    any time there are questions or the possibility of an investigation.

Sincerely,

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

excellent thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

paranormal wrote: »
    im going to try and get permission to investigate a site and was wondering if any of those who have experience might be able to tell me the best way to go about it .i dont want to go up there and say HEY I HERE THERE IS A FEW SPIRITS GOING AROUND HERE MIND IF WE HAVE A LOOK or mabey thats the best way:confused:
    Where are you thinking of investigating? :)

Where are you thinking of investigating? :)
    to be honest id rather not say till i have gotten permission done investigation and got permission to publish name of this site .lets just say its a very old private school.i have a contact in the school and fingers crossed we will get in.lots of reports about sightings .and as far as i know no one has ever done investigation(i asked ).but i dont think they will ever admit we were there (wouldn't be good for business)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Is it haunted?

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    Is it haunted?
    its meant to be haunted but no one ever done proper investigation (as far as i know) staff and kids have seen something in a church part over the years .i spoke to one person who said the seen something in church balcony .but again it could be a load of bull .i think its worth a try though

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

to be honest id rather not say till i have gotten permission done investigation and got permission to publish name of this site .lets just say its a very old private school.i have a contact in the school and fingers crossed we will get in.lots of reports about sightings .and as far as i know no one has ever done investigation(i asked ).but i dont think they will ever admit we were there (wouldn't be good for business)
    Yeah i know what you mean. Plus you dont want anyone else beating you to it !
    Sounds interesting, if theres a few people going id be interested, im from Kildare myself to :)

DelIPIC wrote: »
    If you're setting up a team, feel free to ask IPIC for any help that you may need . Our website is www.irishparanormal.org. You can connect to our forum through that address. You can talk to our case manager who can give you advise on finding and contacting locations.

Derek
    Irish Paranormal Investigation Crew
    are you sure its the same place .pm where you think im on about

If you approach a place as a paranormal investigation group and make a dogs bollocks of it its going to make life very difficult for everyone else. Perhaps starting with Charleville, Ross and Leap a few times before opening up new places and approaching people and telling them you are a paranormal group. I dont want to have to worry about location owners worrying about unqualified people gaining unlimited access to their property overnight especially when they tell you they are a paranormal group. Ive been getting away with it for years, dont go spoiling it for me :P

Grimes wrote: »
    If you approach a place as a paranormal investigation group and make a dogs bollocks of it its going to make life very difficult for everyone else. Perhaps starting with Charleville, Ross and Leap a few times before opening up new places and approaching people and telling them you are a paranormal group. I dont want to have to worry about location owners worrying about unqualified people gaining unlimited access to their property overnight especially when they tell you they are a paranormal group. Ive been getting away with it for years, dont go spoiling it for me :P
    we are not gonna go near the likes of ross ,leap or charlaville for a while .we are going small scale to start of with.dont worry we wont spoil the party for everyone else but just cause we are new doesnt mean we a bunch of idiots. we wont be wearing ghostbuster suits running around plasma guns (well maybe we might try the suits ).;)

• Advertisement

we are not gonna go near the likes of ross ,leap or charlaville for a while .we are going small scale to start of with.dont worry we wont spoil the party for everyone else but just cause we are new doesnt mean we a bunch of idiots. we wont be wearing ghostbuster suits running around plasma guns (well maybe we might try the suits ).;)

lol thanks. I was just saying its easier to try the bigger and more established locations first

Advertisement