Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem - Sunvic 307XLS Programmer (Heating)

Options
  • 02-10-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I had a 3 channel (downstairs, upstairs & hot water) fitted last October. I went to turn it on this evening to heat the downstairs circuit and it seems to have gone crazy. I press the +1 hour button for the downstairs circuit and the display keeps shutting off every few seconds and there is a click from the programmer like a relay is opening and closing. I also have a click coming from the relevant zone valve. The burner has fired up and the downstairs rads are heating.

I pulled the spur fuse and pressed the reset button on the programmer but no difference.

It seems to me that the programmer is knackered but I thought I'd see if anyone has a solution or suggestion before I tear the house apart looking for the original invoice.

Comments

You could try it with out the heating and water circuit wiring to see if it's the clock or the external wiring.

If you find it's the programmer and you have to change it, you could try powering up the programmer and checking it before the external wires are reconnected, just to confirm it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thank's Gary. I 'hot wired' the connections on the connection plate that the programmer mounts to and the boiler fires up perfectly. So it appears that it's the programmer that's at fault. I managed to locate the original receipt for it and it will be a year old on Friday next so it should still be covered under warranty. I'll call to the supplier during the week and get a replacement. Hopefully that will sort it out.

Advertisement