Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the weekend

Options
  • 02-10-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads and lassies,sister is visiting me this weekend.
    Shes only been here the once before and didnt c much of the place (apart from the pubs)

Is there anything remotely interesting to do in the city over the weekend?

You become oblivious to things going on/things going to c when you live somewhere ,Ive been here 7/8 years now

Sumhow I dont think Johns Castle/Bunratty will be considered that interesting.

Come on ye Limerick Natives,show me what you have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Might be a bit easier if you said what age she was and what kind of things she likes.

Is she coming alone or does she have other half/kids etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Chrusty Whore at the UCH tonight and tomorrow night! Dunno if there is any tickets left, I have one for the middle of the front row. Spit on me, Chrusty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Kess73 wrote: »
    Might be a bit easier if you said what age she was and what kind of things she likes.

Is she coming alone or does she have other half/kids etc?

Sorry,shes 23,,coming down with the bf.

I just thought Id show her around Limerick,dont really know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

if weather's nice, lunch in Clohessy's pub then riverside walk from there to Shannon Bridge, down the steps by St Michael's boatclub, all along riverfront to Treaty Stone and back via John's Castle, Mary's Cathedral, hunt museum, etc. What about Thomond Park - are they interested in rugby? I think there's a graffeti writing type comp down by the skateboard park too - heard something about it during the week.

Try the indoor crazy golf out by UL, it is great fun and the course is very well laid out.

As someone said already the graffiti thing is on at Steamboat quay, with 22 or 23 artists all doing their thing for people to watch.

You have the usual selection of pubs and clubs for Saturday night, or maybe you could take them to a nice place to eat. Somewhere like the Mustard Seed out in Ballingarry. Not cheap but very very nice.

You have the Crescent Shopping centre if they want to go shopping, but if they are coming from Dublin or anywhere near there, then Limerick's shopping choices will look pretty crap to them.

There is not really an awful lot that would interest the average 23yo in town during the day to be honest. You could maybe take a spin down to Cork and take a wonder around the city centre there as it is always busy and there are some great shops in the streets off of the main streets.

In Cork you also have the like of the Leisureplex on Macurtain street, which has food, bowling, pool, arcades, jukeboxes, and no scumbags let in there. Fota Island is in Cork if a zoo type thing was on the cards, plus Kinsale is also good for a trip and there are loads of yummy spots to eat there.

You could check Dolans/The Warehouse to see if there are any good live acts playing.

One place to avoid on Sunday is the UL/Dublin road side as the women's mini marathon is being held then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

I can't believe you are telling someone visitin limerick to go to cork god have some pride in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

you should deffinately head down to claws for 5:45, munster play leinster at either 6 or half, bount to be a good crowd there. instead of driving to town, walk, you get to see a lot more.
    where is she coming down from? the new board walk with the small parks are fairly new so if your looking for a bit of time to kill it mightnt be a bad plan..although pending on the weather of corse!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Kess73: Just a word of advice, don't apply for one of the Street Ambassador jobs next year!!

To answer your question, you should def go watch the rugby in town this evening, uni golf in C.troy is good craic. Doesn't matter if you have never played golf before.
    Whats there to do in any City really. Was up in Galway recently - the biggest tourist city in Ireland and the ONLY thing to do was go drinking on Quay street!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    you should deffinately head down to claws for 5:45, munster play leinster at either 6 or half, bount to be a good crowd there. instead of driving to town, walk, you get to see a lot more.
    where is she coming down from? the new board walk with the small parks are fairly new so if your looking for a bit of time to kill it mightnt be a bad plan..although pending on the weather of corse!

Oh the hangover,will we all wear our Leinster jerseys? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

jackncoke wrote: »
    Oh the hangover,will we all wear our Leinster jerseys? :p

Careful now you don't want that kinda thing catching on :D

• Advertisement

tommy249 wrote: »
    Kess73: Just a word of advice, don't apply for one of the Street Ambassador jobs next year!!

I bow to your much longer list of things to do. One being one of the things I said and the other being rugby which may not interest the average 23 yo woman.

I gave some suggestions for things in Limerick and some suggestions for out of Limerick.

Jackncoke, hope your sister and bf have a great time whilst they are down.

Advertisement