Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Know the VRT rate on a Toyota Hilux Crewcab????

Options
  • 02-10-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys, I am wondering if anybody knows what VRT rate i will pay if i Import a Toyota Hilux Crewcab, is it classed as a Commerical i.e 50Euro clearance or the standard car rate?? If anyone has brought in one or has any little holes where i can save some money Please let me Know. If i buy new i can get one for around 25000euro (same price as a diesel Toyota Avences) then the VRT.

Thanks in advance for the Help..

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It won't be full car rate, at worst it'll be 13.5%. It needs to be over a certain weight and have a certain amount of load space; check citizensinformation.ie for all the info here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 crusheenman

Cheers, i think i will still be saving..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PCPL

Hi there,

I bought a new hilux invincible from a toyota main dealer in the north last year, has all the trimings on it, factory sat nav, leather etc, paid €4900 vrt, had home cleared in the yard for €28400, doesnt matter if you take the model badges when you go to clear it, revenue have statistical codes for all the models, i tried this to get a lower vrt quote but didnt work!! The kingcab qualifies for the €50 vrt i think but double cabs are 13.5% vrt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Does it not tell you on www.ros.ie exactly how much it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Senna wrote: »
    Does it not tell you on www.ros.ie exactly how much it is?

That calculator is a rough guide only, don't take it as written in stone.

BTW OP if the HiLux is new will you not have to pay VAT too unless you are already registered for VAT?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

bazz26 wrote: »
    That calculator is a rough guide only, don't take it as written in stone.

BTW OP if the HiLux is new will you not have to pay VAT too unless you are already registered for VAT?

it is accurate, to the penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Watch out for regs. for road tax on these as you may have give your (3) employees PPS nos' to qualify for comm. road tax.

Advertisement