Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Written No posters on Buses

Options
  • 02-10-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Today both on the way to college and on the way back I noticed that the standard posters we see on buses had be turned around and vote No nonsense had been written on the back. One said along the lines of "A Yes vote will be your last, a No vote will mean we fix the treaty". I was wondering if anyone else has seen this type of thing on buses around the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Today both on the way to college and on the way back I noticed that the standard posters we see on buses had be turned around and vote No nonsense had been written on the back. One said along the lines of "A Yes vote will be your last, a No vote will mean we fix the treaty". I was wondering if anyone else has seen this type of thing on buses around the country?

I've seen this type of thing on cardboard, sheets and yes posters in Galway anway...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a No vote will mean we fix the treaty"

And if they did fix it by removing the parts people object to we'd have idiots going "IT'S 90% THE SAME!!!!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

I've seen this type of thing on cardboard, sheets and yes posters in Galway anway...

yeh all over the place now, especially on major roundabouts

where they bound to cause an accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Well, one thing for certain is that the moronic cretins behind said posters weren't heading in the same direction to you (i.e to college :)).

I've seen a few awful hand written posters around Dublin City Centre recently, I don't think anyone will take them seriously though.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

I saw them on 46A and 75 buses. And I hastily took them down :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I saw them on 46A and 75 buses. And I hastily took them down :)

Is defacing refendum posters illegal? I was tempted once or twice.

Coirazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

dvpower wrote: »
    Is defacing refendum posters illegal? I was tempted once or twice.

Coirazy

No if they're hand written illegal ones, I would imagine. It's really just picking up litter in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

I suppose Dublin Bus could give out to me for removing their posters from buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

This is the best handwritten No poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

PrivateEye wrote: »

Wow, you think you've seen almost every dirty* trick.

(*If you'll excuse the pun)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

dloob wrote: »

I hope they used safety crayons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh that is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

MILATARY

COMPETATION

rofl

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Reminded me of this. Some horrendous crimes against the English language from true born 'Merkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The only difference between Corr and Coir is one letter.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    And if they did fix it by removing the parts people object to we'd have idiots going "IT'S 90% THE SAME!!!!!!!"
    Yeah, but it would only be 85.5% the same as the EU Constitution.

Advertisement