Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need an artist who's into horses

Options
  • 02-10-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey!

I'm looking at getting my first tattoo - a loose jumping horse near my hip in black and grey. Probably around 3 inches

Personally I can't draw very well and I think I've found a great tattoo artist but he's having trouble drawing lifelike and accurate horses. I look at them everyday so I'm a very tough critic. It has to look like a real horse and not fantasy-like etc. I've been trying google images and I've looked through a ridiculous amount of portfolios and I can find nothing.

Anybody interested in the challenge or know of a good source?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thread needs a title change stat! :pac:

Eh, just wherabouts are you looking? I want to say Dublin seeing that you didn't mention a county.

Also a trick might be to turn the image black and grey (monotone) in microsoft paint and you can invert the colours. Even use the free image editing software GIMP (yes it's actually called that!) to even out the white balance so you can get next to photo quality on you. Might help.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

Dublin yeah!

I will defo try that thanks, will paly around with a few photos and see what I come up with.

Thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I demand photos the second you get it! <horseperson/>

Advertisement