Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread** Monday,Oct 5th @ 20:30 in St Columbas - Boardeaux V Pat FC

Options
  • 02-10-2009 3:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll start this as the game is on Monday, I'm in and ready to get going.
    Bit of a false start last week but we'll need to turn up with our game face on and get 3 points here.

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes

Midfielders -
    Alan -
    Andy -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -
    Eddie -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Keeper -
    Clayton -

Defenders -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham - Yes
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes

Midfielders -
    Alan -
    Andy -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin - Yes

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran -
    Eddie -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im away for this one, ill be flying back from poland as you kick off, not back in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hi Lads,

Unfortunately I am out for this one, have been sick all weekend and not much better today so will have to give it a miss. Best of luck.

Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Keeper -

Clayton - Yes

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed - Away
    Geoff - Away
    Graham - Yes
    Mick - Yes

Michael - Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Andy - Yes

Midfielders -

Alan - Yes
    Collie - Yes

Conor - Sick
    Dave - Yes
    Gav - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Kenny - Yes

Strikers -

Art - Yes
    Gary - Yes

Jules - Yes
    Ciaran - Yes

Eddie - Injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

jebuz wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Unfortunately I am out for this one, have been sick all weekend and not much better today so will have to give it a miss. Best of luck.

Conor.

No worries dude, get better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Lads, if anyone has a space in their car for a lift out I'd appreciate it.

Can meet anywhere in city centre, DART Line or Luas line.

I will be driving from Sandyford at 19:45 and can give lifts from the Sandyford Luas stop. PM me for mobile number if needed.

Lost 4-2. Really can't believe that was the final scoreline. They had probably no more than 6 shots in the whole game but they were totally clinical in how they took their chances and we were less so.

That was almost entirely down to the outstanding performance of their keeper - best individual performance we have encountered in Astro for a long time. It's no exaggeration to say we should've been 2 or maybe 3 up in the first 15 before they scored, but their keeper pulled of several full length diving saves.

The positives far outweigh the negatives and the negatives were largely within our control so we can address them easy enough (not the keeper though!). We were jumping in on the man too early, and we often tried too much with the first touch and were going lateral when a forward ball was required. That's all to do with decision making and so is ok as we can work on that.

We've got to be very happy with how we did with the ball we did get into the final third - centre-midfield really got involved around the opposition box and we used width well as normal. On another day, and against another keeper, we'd have put 4 in ourselves easy.

They were a very decent team and very comfortable on the ball and were not afraid of putting in a bit of timely shoving in the back and what have ya - smart, tough defending in other words and something we should take notice of cos we're too 'nice' sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

disappointing result. we generally have one game like that a season, so lets hope thats it. on the plus side, looks like everybody bar one team has dropped points already, so its not really a problem to lose. not often we condede 4 goals, its only happened 3 times in the past 4 seasons as far as i remember.

Advertisement