Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greeting From Aus.

Options
  • 02-10-2009 6:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Hi im over here in Aus at the moment and im gutted:( that i wont be able to vote on the lisbon treaty(for a 2nd time:mad:), im hoping that the people of Ireland will stand up today and be counted and not be bullied by this repulsive goverment and the European elites, im praying my fellow citizens of Ireland will vote no to this treaty otherwise i will have lost a lot of respect for my fellow countrymen and women. The Irish people have voted once and voted no so i will have lost all faith if the yes side win, i dont believe for one moment that the Irish people are fools, which is what this goverment thinks of its own people, lets so these elites that the Irish people wont be made fools of and vote no today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I'm in Oz too. I was away for the first vote, and for a second time I'm disappointed that I won't be able to vote YES. The number of lies that seem to be spread around by the No side is overwhelming. A friend of mine is a close relative of a well known member of the No campaign - he gets quickly undone when the topics of military alliances, abortion and others are brought up.

I hope that everyone who votes tomorrow does his/her best to read up on the treaty for themselves, rather than succomb to some of the scare tactics, xenophobic ****e that is being spouted by some quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well that's one from each. Not that it's something that matters but it makes the locking even tidier.

You might have noticed there's an entire EU forum in there (this thread moved from Politics to EU) where contributing to an existing thread with something interesting is certainly worthwhile and you're welcome to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement