Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi clickable image

Options
  • 02-10-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hey bit of a beginner here, or at least all self taught anyway. Here's one for the more knowledgable.

I am throwing around the idea of inserting a large image to show on my home page with different sections of it linking to different parts of the site.
    The image would be a photo perhaps, taking up 70% of the width (of the page), so quite large.
    If for example the image was of the sky, I would have a cloud as a link to home.com/page1, an aeroplane to home.com/page2, etc.

edit: Image maps are I think what I'm after. It would be on a Joomla created site, how easy/hard, advisable, user friendly would it be?

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Look up 'image map' tutorials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

You could do it through photoshop,Exporting the image for web and using the slicing tools to make the clickable images seperate,Think it does it through tables

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Forky wrote: »
    If for example the image was of the sky, I would have a cloud as a link to home.com/page1, an aeroplane to home.com/page2, etc.

edit: Image maps are I think what I'm after. It would be on a Joomla created site, how easy/hard, advisable, user friendly would it be?

Would it be really obvious to the user what each clickable area of the map corresponds to?

How big is the image? If it takes a while to download, can the user still navigate through the site?

I don't think it will be very user-friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Thanks lads.

It would be obvious Eoin as I would include text.
    Though I think I'll stick with plan A for the time being and maybe come back to this.

Advertisement