Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to Donegal town

Options
  • 01-10-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I have recently moved to Donegal town for work and was wondering has anyone any suggestions about things to do in the evenings and ways to meet people here. Or is anyone in the same boat as me.Things seem to be pretty quiet here so maybe it will be a case of going back to Dublin every weekend?!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Welcome to town. I am sure the native townies here can tell you loads of things to keep you occupied.

Jeez I might find out a few things myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what do you like to do, plenty of groups out there check the noticeboards (simple simons, super valu, mary's)

new yoga centre in laghey

and my favourite (who probably are wondering who i am i ahvent been out for that long ) see my sig

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

You got work in Donegal Town...How D'ya manage that?

Welcome to our town!!

The adult education centre is starting up soon so they'll have evening classes..

Unfortunately our offering for things to do in the evening are quite limited..

If your into sport there is the rugby club,GAA club and Soccer club.

The Bluestack Ramblers are also about.. And the Diving Club also take on members..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

oh yeh dive club forgot about them

(and i'm trying to sort there new website)

they start training in january with a try-a-dive in the pool in ballyshannon first you'll see signs popping up for them for new trainees in december.

keep an eye on their website (whenever i get it finished)
    http://dbsac.moonfruit.org/ (its got a dot com just havent got round to sorting it yet)

depends what your into really
    jam session abbey hotel monday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fiokool

hey thanks for the ideas
    i think i will be joining the gym anyways to keep me ticking over
    Im not really sure what i am in to really! was kind of busy with friends and going out in Dublin so never really needed to join any clubs or anything but have to now. The diving sounds good i guess i am looking for something thats quite social too with youngish people (i am 23) as i dont know anyone here yet i dont think im too fussy on what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Oh these young'uns.. always wanting to do stuff.

When I were a lad (said sounding like an old Hovis bread ad) we were happy just to throw stones int river and see if they floated. We'd play football wit ole boot for 8 hours a night.:P

Seriously, I thinks that we should all wander down to this Jamming session some Monday nite. There must be enough of us on here now to fill at least one of the small round tables in the lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I moved to Donegal Town from Dublin two years ago. Love it now but took a long time to get settled, give it a chance.

I go surfing a bit at Rossnowlagh if you want to tag along. No experience necessary, I'm crap at it but it feels great the odd wave you catch.

That monday night session in the Abbey I hear is very popular with musicians.

PM me if you want any help. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

hi all.... just a quick word to say that the Monday night sessions are on once a month now, the next one being the Monday of the October bank holiday, and its fancy dress. It became quieter when school started back in Sept. The Bluestack ramblers go walking every weekend as far as I know... theres also a boat club out at Lough Eske. I'll keep you posted if I hear of anything else... slan :)

thanks again Guys,

some good suggestions there i guess it takes a while to settle anywhere i just need to give it some time
    does anyone know about the order of malta here? i emailed the organiser but he never got back to me

and also i would be up for monday night thingy i have heard a lot about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,900 ✭✭✭✭muffler

fiokool wrote: »
    thanks again Guys,

some good suggestions there i guess it takes a while to settle anywhere i just need to give it some time
    does anyone know about the order of malta here? i emailed the organiser but he never got back to me
    Not sure about the Order of Malta but Id expect you would find a local civil defense outfit in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

hi all.... just a quick word to say that the Monday night sessions are on once a month now, the next one being the Monday of the October bank holiday, and its fancy dress. It became quieter when school started back in Sept. The Bluestack ramblers go walking every weekend as far as I know... theres also a boat club out at Lough Eske. I'll keep you posted if I hear of anything else... slan :)

Boat Club i thought it was to dangerous to sail in the Lake because of the rocks

thanks for all ur replys have settled in now!

Advertisement