Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Nose ring came out & can't get it back in

Options
  • 01-10-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    My nose ring of 7 weeks came out tonight when I was blowing my nose. There it was in the bloody tissue (and I have been SO careful every time I blow my nose). Oh my God the pain. :eek:I can't get it back in...I have youtubed video instructions to try and do it and I have just given up now cos it is only swelling up. I have put an earring through it without a back on it just to keep the hole open. I can be on the doorstep of Nine Lives in Bray tomorrow morning at 9am but any advice on what I should do in the meantime?
    Should I put a plaster over the earring to hold it in, rather than a back up my nose?
    Any advice, as always would be very gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the lil ear ring i presume will be too small and may require small bit of stretching tomorrow from the piercer.

maybe try get a family member to help put it in if they are confident. get them to wash their hands thoroughly etc if it doesn't go in easily just leave it.

suppose the ear ring is the best option, if you've small gauge titanium jewellery try put that in.

don't put the plaster on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Thanks Will....my daughter who has lots of piercings already tried to put it in for me and she couldn't. I've taken 2 nurofen plus...will root around for a thicker earring. I have bathed it in saline to ease it a bit and it's calmed down somewhat.

Thanks a mil

Will update in the morning!

And guess what...getting my first tattoo tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:
    Will post a pic when done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

maybe just leave it till the morning when you go to the piercing place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Sorted - little diamond stud back in to my nose.;)

A damn sight more painful than my tattoo...which is complete now! Didn't hurt at all. Looks brilliant too. It's a music treble clef & bass clef rearranged to form a heart shape. Dead cute- my first one.

Thanks Will for the advice. It's great to have this forum to turn to in all kinds of emergency situations, especially cos there is so much expertise and experience here. You guys are great.:D

Much appreciated.

The Newly Pierced & Newly Tattoed version of Harris.

Advertisement