Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking down Lisbon posters

Options
  • 01-10-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Just wondering when the various parties or groups must take the posters down. There was two guys taking down some '' No to Lisbon treaty '' posters today as I was passing through Palmerstown, They were on the pedestrian foot bridge.:confused:

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I don't think they're allowed to be on bridges in the first place, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Careful now Oscar, you don't want to give them another excuse to shoot down the treaty tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You should see the bridges on the N11 around Stillorgran, you could be forgiven for thinking they were made entirely of plastic and slogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Just wondering when the various parties or groups must take the posters down. There was two guys taking down some '' No to Lisbon treaty '' posters today as I was passing through Palmerstown, They were on the pedestrian foot bridge.:confused:

Were the in uniform from what you could see?

The Eirigi "SAME TREATY, SAME ANSWER" banner is gone, as are the Sayno.ie posters. I'd love to know who took them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

There was some discussion among Yes supporters on this forum a few weeks ago about the legality of taking down No posters they disagreed with. I think the conclusion was that it was regrettably not legal.

Also, of course, not democratic though that aspect of it wasn't discussed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement