Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Cox Represents Big Business Only

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Pat Cox challenged to declare interests

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/38782
    “Mr Cox is also on the advisory boards of at least three major corporations with a strong interest in influencing EU policy, Microsoft, Pfizer and Michelin. In 2006 he became a senior advisor for lobby consultancy giant APCO and runs his own lobby firm, European Integration Solutions (EIS). APCO includes among its clients seven of the top 10 companies on Fortune’s Global 500.
    “There is a potential conflict of interest between Pat Cox’s support for the Lisbon Treaty and his business and consultancy interests.
    “For too long Irish politics has been damaged by the close proximity of politicians and big business. There is no room for a ‘Galway Races Tent’ type politics in the forthcoming Lisbon Treaty referendum. In order to reassure the public I would urge Pat Cox to declare all his business and consultancy involvements in the interests of transparency and political honesty.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Sinn Fein weekly :eek:

oh dear god why did I remove you from my ignore list,

back you go so

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Why can't he have normal interests like the rest of us, such as taking fishing trips to South America on a fake British Passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

If only Microsoft & Pfizer would f*ck off out of Ireland and take their poxy 3700 jobs with them, the b*stards.

God help us if SF ever get into real Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Sinn Fein weekly :eek:

oh dear god why did I remove you from my ignore list,

back you go so

Ignoring people you disagree with isn't a very good attitude to bring to the politics forum.
    Not that I'm on the op's side, by the way. I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rebelmind

geuro wrote: »
    Ignoring people you disagree with isn't a very good attitude to bring to the politics forum.

So what's new? :)
    Any & every time someone dares open a thread the boyos here don't like gets immediately jumped on.
    It's becoming embarrassing at this stage, my European friends are all laughing-out-loud!

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Read the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement