Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my Tattoo done

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

okey doke, so i've decided to take the plunge and get my tattoo done! here is the one I've picked out, want it done half way up my back
    1214219112_9005_full.jpeg

so seeing as I'm a novice, I don't know where to start. I'm in Dublin, so I need to go somewhere near there.anyone know a good place? also,what kind of cost am I looking at?

any tips are much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Seeing as its very quiet in here today , I think i'll reply to this.

Tattoo studios in town that would be recommended would be Sankebite, Art Tattoo, Colourworks, sorry if im forgettin any.

If i were you though i would be lookin at that tattoo as an inspiration for your tattoo rather than saying thats wat you want, show that to a tattoo artist and see what designs they can come up with.

For me, Dont know how other people will feel about this, but that design doesnt look like it will suit the centre of your back as it seems to be ''flowing'' to a side, but talk about this more with your artist and see what they think.

As for price, ranges from €80 per hour to round €120 per hour, but more important than price is that you fiind a good studio that you like and you feel the artist is good too.]Hope thats of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Agree with everythimg Joey has said, he's covered it all really.

You might want to check out both of the Wildcats as well.
    It's a very simple design so any good tattoo artist should be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

joey100 wrote: »

For me, Dont know how other people will feel about this, but that design doesnt look like it will suit the centre of your back as it seems to be ''flowing'' to a side, but talk about this more with your artist and see what they think.

I know what you mean, I was gonna have it flipped around though, with the large star pointing upwards?Thought it would work a lot better that way. I've always felt that you should never get a tat where a judge can see;)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah if you're getting it on your back, it would definitely look better with the star pointing upwards!

also, it looks like it's a picture of an already existing tattoo on someone's skin. i agree with joey, you should show it to a tattoo artist and get them to draw up something similar, i'd prefer that to a tattoo that someone out there already has!

and i recommend wildcat in stephen's green but that's only cuz i'm biased :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Can't disagree with any of the advice thats been give already, it's all solid. Seein as you are based in Swords have a look at Stigmata Tau, they've (or at least had) some good artists in there. I'm not sure who is in there at the moment.
    As for the tat you selected, i'd personally have a long think before getting it done, to me, it looks kind of like a doodle. If it's something similar to that design maybe with more detail or whatever then it could look cool, it's just a little too basic at he moment in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement