Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney or Tralee?

Options
  • 01-10-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what would be a better/safer place to stay for a few nights to discover the area? Killarney or Tralee and why?
    What about nightlife, the pubs, etc? The people?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Killarney has a much wider range of hotels, restaurants, pubs and facilities.

Tis a no-brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, Killarney. Sure no one likes Tralee :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Hi,

Just wondering what would be a better/safer place

Killarney would be your best bet...
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi,

Just wondering what would be a better/safer place to stay for a few nights to discover the area? Killarney or Tralee and why?
    What about nightlife, the pubs, etc? The people?

Okay well firstly it would depend on where it is you're referring to when you say "discover the area"? What area/areas are you planning on visiting?
    - If it is Killarney and/or close surroundings or touch into South/East Kerry, then obviously Killarney would be the obvious choice.
    - If it is Tralee or even West/North Kerry, then you can't go wrong with time-saving and actually staying somewhere in Tralee.

Secondly, you say "better/safer", what do you anticipate will happen down here should you come down to stay for a few days? I am being serious here. Is this your first time away or something?

Help us out here a little by stating where it is you plan on visiting during your few days / what it is you are anxious about when you say "safer" and "The People"?

Now thirdly, the nightlife and pubs - when are you planning on coming down for the few days? Mid-week or Week-end? Their is more atmosphere in Killarney at week-ends but during the week is somewhat more quieter than Tralee who has the student population there Monday-Thursday. What age-bracket would you fit into?

Either option, I hope you enjoy your few days here in either Tralee or Killarney :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

tralee is great city there loads if you look.but you need to look
    there is nothing do where i live

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I lived and worked in Tralee for a good while.

So i'd go with Killarney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yeah, Killarney. Sure no one likes Tralee :P
    why don,t any one like tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Tralee...... is not a city. Good spot nonetheless!

Killarney is a nice town with loads of pubs, clubs and hotels. But can be a bit of a sausagefest

Advertisement