Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for Ireland v Serbia now on Sale

Options
  • 01-10-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Tickets for the game on the 18th are now available & can be pre booked €10 at Training from Tallaght RL on the 7th October.

Further details: www.tallaghtrugbyleague.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Working nights unfortunately otherwise I might have ventured into the big smoke! A tenner should get a few in hopefully.

The Tallaght jersey is fairly smart too, very tempted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tallaght RL

Tickets for the game can be purchased at Training on the 7th Oct at Belgard Community Centre as Callum Irving of the new look RLI is coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Absolutely gutted that I'm going to miss this...At least Sky have it, reckon its going to be a cracking game....

The Tallaght jersey is fairly smart too, very tempted![/quote]

If you want one just get in touch with us & we can sort something out. The replica jerseys are best if your going to ware as casual, just got some from Graham at Stag for family & friends in Lancashire. Playing jerseys tend to be just that great for 80 minutes! I have some tee shirts left that will be available on Wednesday.

Fortunately the RLI didnt have the tickets printed in time for sale on Wednesday night 7th Oct as no one turned up to buy any! The lack of interest in RL in Ireland is very disturbing considering that the RFL are now employing three full time development officers. 25 years of RL in Ireland and its like it doesnt exist. Its embarrassing that the likes of Pat Richards (even though he is a pie) are going to be playing for Ireland at Tullamore RU! where knowbody knows that RL exists & even more to the point those who do know dont really care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Absolutely bizarre/inexplicable. I've flagged the game on the RU forum and I contacted the Indo in the hope that they'll give it some mention. TBH, I'm exceptionally unsurprised that the RLi haven't managed to get tickets printed. There've been many similar incidents in the past. The fiasco over jerseys for the WC last year immediately jumps to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

thinking of driving up from Waterford for this, shame about the ticket fiasco.

RLI is quite the joke OK

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

I have contacted all the national newspapers all more or less dismissed covering the game as monday's papers are full of premiership football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Crusaderjim

toomevara wrote: »
    Absolutely bizarre/inexplicable. I've flagged the game on the RU forum and I contacted the Indo in the hope that they'll give it some mention. TBH, I'm exceptionally unsurprised that the RLi haven't managed to get tickets printed. There've been many similar incidents in the past. The fiasco over jerseys for the WC last year immediately jumps to mind.

Well well well...here we are again at another fiasco within the RLI. To be honest it doesn't surprise in the least. They seemed to be going in the right direction with the appointment of a full time and part time development officers but it more than likely seems that this will once again be a washout due to lack of RLI support.

Forum:

How hard is it to organise some sort of media coverage for this? Very easy - anyone can get in touch with the media and drum up some sort of support in the upcoming weeks. Instead we have little or no news on the RLI site - I get more info on the RTE sport site and with the boards not not longer functioning what little interest there was has now dwindled.

I'm sure if there the forum was functioning we could have organised a bus from Dublin or other cities for people that are genuinely interested in RL in Ireland. Taking down the one form of communication that interested folk have is narrow-minded and self destructive. You now dont have an outlet for news and info for games. Instead of embracing technology and its benefits the RLI shut down the forum because they are too lazy/bored/uninterested to feed the willing RL public with any info or news or god forbid organisation!

Media:

Well how hard is it to get people to a game? Toomevara & Kelly are ringing the Indo and stations and the like - why is he doing it?! The RLI have an advertising and marketing officer - where is he? I'm sure he gets in sponsorship etc but then have a separate guy. I could name out a load of things that would work and would drum up support and a more importantly a crowd for the game but I think i would be wasting my breath.

Right I said i wouldnt say what could be done but here it goes:
    Get the players on local/national radio/tv/papers
    Get the players to go to schools to promote the game
    Have tickets printed and distributed
    Have sky Sports there
    ADVERTISE!!
    Involve the local teams as they will respond if they see the RLI doing their bit.

There's 6 things that would make this game a little more visibility without even thinking too hard. If someone from RLI says to me they tried to do those then they obviously didnt try hard enough.

These games can mean something to likes of Grix, Richards, Connell, Blanche, Carney and especially to the homegrowns but if you dont put in the effort who's going to want to play for Ireland?! I could go on and on and on but like the RLI I am so bored at pointing out their faults I just not bothered anymore.

Well well well...here we are again at another fiasco within the RLI. To be honest it doesn't surprise in the least. They seemed to be going in the right direction with the appointment of a full time and part time development officers but it more than likely seems that this will once again be a washout due to lack of RLI support.

Forum:

How hard is it to organise some sort of media coverage for this? Very easy - anyone can get in touch with the media and drum up some sort of support in the upcoming weeks. Instead we have little or no news on the RLI site - I get more info on the RTE sport site and with the boards not not longer functioning what little interest there was has now dwindled.

I'm sure if there the forum was functioning we could have organised a bus from Dublin or other cities for people that are genuinely interested in RL in Ireland. Taking down the one form of communication that interested folk have is narrow-minded and self destructive. You now dont have an outlet for news and info for games. Instead of embracing technology and its benefits the RLI shut down the forum because they are too lazy/bored/uninterested to feed the willing RL public with any info or news or god forbid organisation!

Media:

Well how hard is it to get people to a game? Toomevara & Kelly are ringing the Indo and stations and the like - why is he doing it?! The RLI have an advertising and marketing officer - where is he? I'm sure he gets in sponsorship etc but then have a separate guy. I could name out a load of things that would work and would drum up support and a more importantly a crowd for the game but I think i would be wasting my breath.

Right I said i wouldnt say what could be done but here it goes:
    Get the players on local/national radio/tv/papers
    Get the players to go to schools to promote the game
    Have tickets printed and distributed
    Have sky Sports there
    ADVERTISE!!
    Involve the local teams as they will respond if they see the RLI doing their bit.

There's 6 things that would make this game a little more visibility without even thinking too hard. If someone from RLI says to me they tried to do those then they obviously didnt try hard enough.

These games can mean something to likes of Grix, Richards, Connell, Blanche, Carney and especially to the homegrowns but if you dont put in the effort who's going to want to play for Ireland?! I could go on and on and on but like the RLI I am so bored at pointing out their faults I just not bothered anymore.

I had it sorted with Callum Irvine for Wednesday 7th to give me 100 free tickets to send to all the schools in Tallaght. I even had the envelopes written & stamps bought (its about 30 schools) 4 free kids tickets to each school roughly. RLI couldnt print them! Another wasted opportunity! He has sent some adult tickets (for club sponsors etc) as he got them on Monday, but they have yet to arrive in the post. Callum's new to the RLI just hope he can turn them around.

Just to add we really do need an Irish team in the Championship 1 ASAP, playing at Tallaght Stadium!

• Advertisement
Advertisement