Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing machine trouble

Options
  • 01-10-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

our washing machine(powerpoint swm1000)has stopped spinning and draining.it was making an awful clicking noise before but i thought it was a bearing but think it might be the parts that are behind the control knob.anyone know for sure please?would it be cheaper to buy a new machine and how cheap is the cheapest?
    cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there access to the pump from a small door/cap at bottom of machine? Take a look there first make sure nothign is stuck there.

Sounds like something got jammed in the waterpump to me (I've seen it happen a few times)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

all sorted thanks byte.ye there was 7 coins and a hair clip there:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Had a problem just like you last year. The machine stoped spinning. I took a chance an took it apart. There was a black belt, very much like the fan belt in a car, it had fallen off. I managed to get it back on and it working ever since. Takes a while to figure out were the screws are, but its a piece of cake.

But before you go down that road, Take the advise from Byte you would never believe what can get in there. Don't forget to put an old towel on the floor under the spot were the filter is. you will get a small bit of water from it when you open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

opps too late!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

no problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement