Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPV

Options
  • 30-09-2009 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey

got some distressing news today that has seriously freaked me out and i'm trying to fend off a general bout of unhappiness which may be here for a while.

i noticed a small spot on my penis a few days ago. pretty tiny but certainly out of the ordinary. anyway, i got it checked out today at a clinic and it turned out to be a wart. so i have HPV [otherwise known as genital warts].

straight away i was very sad. i had thoughts of never being about to meet a girl again or enjoy the first part of a relationship where things are going great and you're looking forward to the good stuff at night time!

all i could think of was the "talk" about how this occured and how far she would run in the first 20 seconds. i could feel the sadness deep in my stomach about my romantic future.

but then the doctor started to explain about HPV [the virus], things that i didn't know at all. mainly, that your immune system clears out the virus itself usually within 2 years. it usually does not come back but it is "contained" by your body. also that after several months, you cannot infect others anymore due to your immune system clearing the virus out. in other words, i should not be worried as my body will look after itself.

this was obviously a huge relief to me as i incorrectly envisaged years of these little ****ers appearing.

can anyone out there in boards shed any light if they have also experienced this and perhaps share any similar experiences. i find that having good information always helps you deal with problems in life in general.

thank you for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Need Advice.com

hey

got some distressing news today that has seriously freaked me out and i'm trying to fend off a general bout of unhappiness which may be here for a while.

i noticed a small spot on my penis a few days ago. pretty tiny but certainly out of the ordinary. anyway, i got it checked out today at a clinic and it turned out to be a wart. so i have HPV [otherwise known as genital warts].

straight away i was very sad. i had thoughts of never being about to meet a girl again or enjoy the first part of a relationship where things are going great and you're looking forward to the good stuff at night time!

all i could think of was the "talk" about how this occured and how far she would run in the first 20 seconds. i could feel the sadness deep in my stomach about my romantic future.

but then the doctor started to explain about HPV [the virus], things that i didn't know at all. mainly, that your immune system clears out the virus itself usually within 2 years. it usually does not come back but it is "contained" by your body. also that after several months, you cannot infect others anymore due to your immune system clearing the virus out. in other words, i should not be worried as my body will look after itself.

this was obviously a huge relief to me as i incorrectly envisaged years of these little ****ers appearing.

can anyone out there in boards shed any light if they have also experienced this and perhaps share any similar experiences. i find that having good information always helps you deal with problems in life in general.

thank you for reading.

"Hi there op"

I am aware that you posted this 4 years ago but have found myself in a similar position although I'm female. If you get this can you let me know how you have progressed with this?

Thanks

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement