Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls from 'unavailable' numbers

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭

Since earlier this evening my house phone has been ringing at regular intervals and the Caller ID is marked as 'Unavailable'

Usually if it's a private number the caller ID marks it as 'Withheld'

It's ringing every 5 mins and really starting to piss me off

Has anyone else had this happen to them? When I answer there is no voice or even background noise..

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

When you answer, do you wait for a moment? Could be one of those auto diallers, they sometimes take a while to get someone to speak to you after they connect the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MarkR wrote: »
    When you answer, do you wait for a moment? Could be one of those auto diallers, they sometimes take a while to get someone to speak to you after they connect the call.

Yeah I waited for a while.

I even put the phone down without hanging up and left it for 10 minutes, when I looked at it the call was still connected

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭Damien360

All skype calls to my home phone come in as unavailable. Could it be a buddy trying it out and has not set up his router correctly ?

Advertisement