Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a bike

Options
  • 30-09-2009 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi, could anyone tell me how much I cud expect to pay to get a bike courier to bring a bike from the UK to Ireland, I was considering going and collecting it myself but the ferry would cost about 150 each way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭gipi

Don't know about prices, but did I read from another thread that you've got a learner permit/provisional licence? If so, you're not licenced to ride a bike outside the 26 counties so you couldn't collect the bike and ride it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 .17 hmr

Yeah, and I'd have to get my Dad to take a van on the ferry to get the bike so that would make the ferry even more expensive! I got a quote to deliver the bike from Surrey to Dublin port at a cost of £250

There are a couple of lads on biker.ie who do this for a living. Plenty of threads with all the info you need.

Advertisement