Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV 2

Options
  • 30-09-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

ok i went away to the states for 3 months before i left MTV was a decent enough channel playing the likes of the new (biffy clyro/kings of leon/datz!/idlewild etc.) and the old (the smiths/stone roses etc.) but it's absolutely gone the fecking dogs now.

it's playing tripe like this now

i know it was a shadow of its former self for quite a while but still had good programs like 120 minutes and gonzo but now it just seems they are just rubbish as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Use Somebody was just as much a pop song as Song Away.

and 3 months? its hardly an era changing length of time now really was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they've definitely shifted to a younger audience recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've been thinking this for a long while now. I used to watch MTV2 or VH2
    (which ceased to exist) the odd time, but I'd say its been over a year since I've tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

MTV have been ****e since before the 3 months you left. If I had it I would still leave it on in the background as I do other things but there is a lot of crap there and there always was. It’s just that once in a while it slips further down the slope of crap music and repetitiveness. I wouldn’t slag them for just playing that Hockey song since they have been heavily playing KOL’s MOR crap constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ok i went away to the states for 3 months before i left MTV was a decent enough channel playing the likes of the new (biffy clyro/kings of leon/datz!/idlewild etc.) and the old (the smiths/stone roses etc.) but it's absolutely gone the fecking dogs now.

it's playing tripe like this now

i know it was a shadow of its former self for quite a while but still had good programs like 120 minutes and gonzo but now it just seems they are just rubbish as well.

Always wondered what that was called..Cheers:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement