Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-grown toenail

Options
  • 30-09-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Killing me...Usually I'd deal with it myself but really don't have the energy or inclination given my current condition! Is it a chiropodist or a beautician I should be going to? Any advice? I'd lovely a really relaxing foot treatment but don't mind them tearing into them first. Cheers. Galway area only.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Dr Declan Larkin Knocknacarra, very good for the minor surgical stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Yea a GP. Only a small procedure, you'll be out in half an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Good to know, was not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'd go to a chiropodist. Get both feet checked and look after them from now on. I had awful problems when I was young.
    Let us know how you get on. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

ya big blouse! I once heard of a guy that had to get flown back from spain cos of an in-grown hair in his &rse! Agony apparently, it was touchin a nerve! Should we take this to AH magnus?! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Friend spent 3 weeks laid up after an ingrown hair. So not to be sniffed at. They can be nasty, obviously you should get it looked at before it reaches golf ball and pus filled sized infection stage.
    Hairs are nasty though and is one of the reasons cyclists shave their legs, if you get a cut and a hair gets in it it'll get infected very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to medical forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Go to a chiropodist. I had to go to one years ago for the same problem. No problems since. It was just a matter of cutting down the side of the nail.

Some doctors just take off the whole nail which is not necessary and painful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Does not putting a v-shape cut on the side (thats top and then to that side) of the nail that is sore and red, if done in time cure this problem.

It works for me and can also be done to finger nails. I would say that early action would be helpful here.

This v-cut can save a lot of agony if done in time and correctly.

Advertisement