Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganley position is just sad at this stage

Options
  • 30-09-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

So I just heard Declan Ganley on the radio saying that (paraphrasing here now) you should vote No if you want to get the government kicked out. WTF Declan???? has he run out of fabrications and now he has to bribe people to vote no, this vote is about the Lisbon treaty nothing else. What next from Declan? Vote no and I'll post ya two free cinema tickets?

Seriously, anyone considering voting no should be able to see through this sh1te.....he's given up asking you to vote no based on the content of the treaty, why? maybe because no one is listening to his tripe anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Sconsey wrote: »
    this vote is about the Lisbon treaty nothing else.

you really think so? i dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Nozebleed wrote: »
    you really think so? i dont.

What do you think it's about then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

So I just heard Declan Ganley on the radio saying that (paraphrasing here now) you should vote No if you want to get the government kicked out. WTF Declan???? has he run out of fabrications and now he has to bribe people to vote no, this vote is about the Lisbon treaty nothing else. What next from Declan? Vote no and I'll post ya two free cinema tickets?

Seriously, anyone considering voting no should be able to see through this sh1te.....he's given up asking you to vote no based on the content of the treaty, why? maybe because no one is listening to his tripe anymore.

His also paying to have posters about "Lisbon keeping Cowen in power" on sides of buses (someone had image earlier)

pathetic would be an understatement

/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

It is a cheap shot alright, but it might just work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

realcam wrote: »
    It is a cheap shot alright, but it might just work...

I don't think it will. People are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. They know the other parties are in favour of this too. Plus, the Govt did not resign last year when the Lisbon vote was lost.

Ganley is obviously feels he is fighting a losing battle if he has to resort to something like this to pick up a few votes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rebelmind

The Lisbon Treaty is about Democracy, as well as about the treaty itself.
    Ganley, to his credit, has canvassed on this & other points very effectively.
    Sad, is a word more belonging to the Yesmen, at this stage.
    People are sick, sore & tired of your lies & bullying, & you are about to be taught a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭x MarK x

The most articulate person i've heard talkin about the treaty. He has offered any of the gobsh.ite government heads to debate him, and they refuse. Now those fools are so desperate for a YES vote, they'd sell their mother's, yet they wont take up that challenge, that in itself IS very telling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

rebelmind wrote: »
    People are sick, sore & tired of your lies & bullying, & you are about to be taught a lesson.

:rolleyes:

my ignore list grows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

x MarK x wrote: »
    The most articulate person i've heard talkin about the treaty. He has offered any of the gobsh.ite government heads to debate him, and they refuse. Now those fools are so desperate for a YES vote, they'd sell their mother's, yet they wont take up that challenge, that in itself IS very telling.

I got to disagree with you, the desperation is coming from Ganley, he started off talking about the treaty and why we should vote no, now he is saying vote no to get Cowen out of office, why is he not canvassing on the content of the treaty? because he is desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rebelmind

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

my ignore list grows

My ignore list grows, said the boxer on the ropes.
    Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

this vote is about the Lisbon treaty nothing else.

I though it was about jobs and recovery ?

Wait a minute , looks like both sides are talking bull plop.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Oh I was sick of the current government already after they were elected the first time.
    But the Yes side being "taught a lesson" is much the same a suicide bomber - "you are going to pay for this, and I'm going to blow myself up in the process"
    And what about the lies and bullying from the No side? What? Because you're on the same side as them it doesn't really count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Rebelmind, again you're claiming Ireland is being bullied, I believe I asked you three times already how this is and you've failed to respond so either back up your statements or consider taking your ignorant rambling elsewhere.

Desperate Declan is bordering on pathetic at this stage and I'm surprised those funding him are still standing behind him. Although, it's pretty clear that only absolute retards listen to/support the guy so perhaps it's a good thing they're setting fire to money like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

It is indeed - that is why I am happy to see the role of our democratically elected European Parliament strengthened in the Lisbon Treaty.

Sadly though, so many of the No posters here will cast their ballots against a great opportunity to strengthen democracy within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This thread is threatening to generate a lot more heat than light. Try to stay polite, please, and don't just degenerate into tit-for-tat claims about who's "going to be sorry come the day".

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement