Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston station to st stephans green

Options
  • 30-09-2009 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

How long does it take to walk from Heuston station to st stephans green and from st stephans green how long does it take the luas to get to beachwood?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

It's about a 30 min walk from Heuston to St. Stephen's Green and about 8 mins from St. Stephen's Green to Beechwood on Luas. Beechwood to Heuston can be walked in 45 mins to 60 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

at a rough guess, long time since i walked, anything up to half hour to get from heuston to st s g, then not sure but 15 mins ish!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or you could get the 92 bus to Stephen's green from Heuston.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/92/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Whast the name of the stop on st stephans green and is there an actual bus I could get near heuston to beachwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Whast the name of the stop on st stephans green and is there an actual bus I could get near heuston to beachwood?

It's called St. Stephen's Green / Faiche Stiabhna. The Luas is your quickest option. Don't bother with a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you go to http://www.mkmap.com/dublin and highlight the 92 bus route (which you can get from Heuston) and the Green LUAS line you will see the distance between the two.

You could walk from the 92 terminus in Leeson Street to Beechwood station in about 15-20 minutes, depending on the route you take.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I wouldn't bother getting a bus to Stephens green, by the time it came and got you there you'd be better off walking. I walked from the park to Temple Bar a good few times, took about 20-25 mins at a fairly quick pace so about 30 to the green would be right

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

You could get the Luas from outside Heuston Station to Abbey Street. From there it's only a 10 minute walk to the Green Luas near Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'd advise against getting the Red line into Abbey St - it's just as quick as a bus, but doesn't actually get you near the Green line. The 92 to the green would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother getting a bus to Stephens green, by the time it came and got you there you'd be better off walking. I walked from the park to Temple Bar a good few times, took about 20-25 mins at a fairly quick pace so about 30 to the green would be right

The bus has continuous priority along the North Quays which means it is at O'Connell Bridge in less than 10 minutes.

The 92 will drop you to Kildare Street from where it is a short walk to St Stephen's Green LUAS stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What about those new bicycles, are there bike parks near either end of your journey?

Not near Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They couldn't put one at Heuston because it would always be empty in the morning and full in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Why is there no luas from st stephens green to heuston to croke park? Are there any plans to make this happen?

Why is there no luas from st stephens green to heuston to croke park? Are there any plans to make this happen?
    The Interconnector will go from Heuston to Stephen's Green, and Metro North will go from the green to Drumcondra. Afaik there are trains that go from Heuston (or at least via the Phoenix Park Tunnel) to Drumcondra on big match days.

Advertisement