Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help to calculate distanceplease ...

Options
  • 30-09-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi guys...

I was hoping to get an idea of how far it was from the Martello Tower on Sandymount promenade to the Poolbeg Lighthouse.

The route was as follows:

- Along Sandymount beach along the wall, following the coastline all the way around to where Pigeonhouse Road starts to run tight along the coastline...
    - From there, all the way along PH Road out onto the pier and onwards to the lighthouse...

My guess is about 5 miles return but I have no technology to measure it accurately so if anyone has any idea I would appreciate it a lot...

Thanks.

Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Head wrote: »
    Hi guys...

I was hoping to get an idea of how far it was from the Martello Tower on Sandymount promenade to the Poolbeg Lighthouse.

The route was as follows:

- Along Sandymount beach along the wall, following the coastline all the way around to where Pigeonhouse Road starts to run tight along the coastline...
    - From there, all the way along PH Road out onto the pier and onwards to the lighthouse...

My guess is about 5 miles return but I have no technology to measure it accurately so if anyone has any idea I would appreciate it a lot...

Thanks.

Ronan

Ronan, You could use mapmyrun.com and this will give you an accurate distance. Very handy when mapping any routes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Wow that is exactly what I was looking for! I was trying to do it on regular Google Maps using the scale but it was impossible. Thanks a million!

It's 4.76mi to the lighthouse by the way!

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

www.gmap-pedometer.com is also a good tool for this.

Advertisement