Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for 03 Freelander?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

We have a 1.8 petrol at the moment. Just serviced and ready for the nct. Thinking of selling it once it passes as that's probably the best time these days! Never given an ounce of trouble, has been well looked after. I'm just wondering what kind of a price we'd get off a 05 model, 2l diesel? Moved to isolated country and the thing guzzles petrol. Is it worth buying the new one? I rang a garage but they won't give me a price until they see it. Downfall is that it needs repair work on both sides. Seems to be just scratches but still needs a spray job all the same. I presume this will knock a grand or two off on us! Any advice much appreciated. Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

You won't get a lot trade in especially on a petrol. UK trade in price is 1500 - 3000 depending on condition and age. Better off giving it a blow over and selling privately. UK price for Td4s is 6 - 12 grand. Prices would be proprtionally more here with the VRT added to the equation. A new basic Freelander here will set you back around €30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 titch1

well thanks for the bad news!! appreciate the reply. eye opener, i was hoping we'd get 2-3k for it. cost 13k to buy 2 years ago. how sick am i! literally weeks after we bought it, we knew we should have held off for a diesel but in dire straits altogether now with the long journeys. ill hardly get any buyers for it in this day and age. might just hang onto the thorn for another while so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

Or you could break it up and sell it for parts, i am nearly certain the parts would be worth more than the whole :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

50c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Yea, sorry about the bad tidings! Those were UK trade in prices, may be a bit more here, Irish market is a bit warped by road tax and VRT issues:rolleyes:

May as well run it into the ground (or until the head gasket or IRD go!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement