Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Blowout scare!

Options
  • 30-09-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Got my lobes stretched further in one of the reputable shops in Dublin city yesterday. One of my lobes had been bleeding since a few minutes after I had gotten it done, but I didn't think too much of it. However, a few hours after I got it done I noticed extra skin at the back and had a look. Looked like the beginning of a blowout to me so I immediately took the plug out. Haven't had anything in since then. I'm going to go to the piercing studio later to see what to do, but has anyone any advice on how to make this skin at the back of my ear go back to normal? Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Bio oil or aloe vera gel will help, keep it bare until it's not sore and swollen. reverse insertions also help a lot to push what hopefully isn't a blow out back into your ear.

Don't stress, head back into the piercers and get em to take a gander :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Thank you. So I should put something in from the back of it instead of the front? Should I do that soon or should I wait until it's not as sore?

wait until it's completely healed, you don't wanna agitate the area. if you do have a blowout it will just make it worse, best to leave it for as long as possible

Ok cool. I'll head into the piercer later and see what the story is then. I'm not quite sure how bad it actually is. :(

probably not as bad as you think, you did the right thing by takign it out

• Advertisement

I was told to keep a smaller size plug in and soak it in salt water. How effective is this? Will the skin go back in?

pretty much standard procedure, impossible to tell if the skin will go back in but you didn't do the stubborn thing and wait it out so that's a good thing :)

tbh time will tell, hopefully be ok

Advertisement