Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For mature students applying next year....

Options
  • 30-09-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

I would highly recommend you consider NUIM (Maynooth) as an option. It may seem a bit premature of me to vouch for a college I have only been attending for two weeks, but I am basing this solely on the welcome to, support and services for, and sheer amount of mature students on campus.

Mature students make up 17% of the student population, higher than any other university. I was very impressed with the induction procedure for mature students and also love the fact that we have our own coffee room, looked after by the mature students society. You can pop in and chat to others, gaining a wealth of info from those further into their degree, whilst sipping on a cuppa that has only cost 50c!

I obviously can't say much about the standard of education (it seems promising so far) but the environment is a very "mature" friendly one.

Advertisement