Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone in the room with me .....

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hope someone can help or at least tell me whats happening to me.

It all started about a year and a half ago, I will fall asleep with no worries about 3am not every night but maybe 2-3 nights a week i will wake up with the feeling that someone is in the room calling me to wake up, Ill open my eyes and see an image of somebody (dark) but can make it out so clear. i will think there is noboby there trun on the light and go back to sleep??? Thats the first thing very annoying as i hav not had a good nights sleep in ages. It also is not just in my room but has happened when staying over in friends !!!!

The second is much like above but when my girlfriend stays over i will wake her while i am sleeping and point to the person in the room untill i wake up and turn on the light !!!! This stresses her out alot !!!! and is starting to stress our relationship as she will not sleep over unless i sleep with the lights on!!! (Me thinking i am a big baby)

Any help would be great.

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Based purely on what you are saying I'd go with a condition called Sleep Paralysis. While you arent saying you are experiencing all the usual affects (such as a feeling of a weight on your chest or an inability to move) its definitely somthing you should look at. Its terrifying to experience to once you understand it it gets easier and happens less and less.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sleep paralysis is something to look into, as is assessing the level of stress in your daily life, to see if that is what is prompting it. Our stresses and worries can come to the fore in sleep, in ways like this.

But on a purely practical level, you can actually deal with this without really knowing where it is coming from. First off, let go of the fear. (Easy to say, I know) This 'thing' is just a peculiar event, its not harmful and once it happens, try to say to yourself, 'theres yer man again, would you ever go away'. Once you are fully awake, be aware that its just the phenomenon again, and nothing is wrong. See the event for what it is, an insignificant break in your sleep. Turn on the light if you have to, till you feel totally calm again. I slept with a light on till I was 27 :) , at which point I started to deal with weird stuff by not being afraid of it, now I prefer the dark.

Trying to suss out if youve got a 'ghost' in your bedroom will only make you feel worse and more fearful. So dont dwell on whats causing it, just see it as interupted sleep and deal with it practically. The timing of it could just be that at some point in the night, a light sleep phase coincides with a regular noise in your house, which sometimes, but not always, wakes you, and in your half asleep state, you get this odd feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

dont be so rude, make the person a cup of tea already :pac:

sleeping disorder as stated already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jay1984

Sorry have not been on for a while, Thanks a mill for you help.

:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has it happened to you since?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

iv had sleep paralysis myself a few times, and the first few times i could see a dark figure at the end of my bed, so its definately something u should look into, its supposed to happen to everyone a few times in their life, its a feeling a real dread and fear when it happens,and it definately causes your mind to play tricks on you, especially gives u the impression someone is watching u or has taken over your body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jay1984

Hi guys

Cant get over all the posts, Thank you for them all.

Just to give people a bit more back ground thinking that nobody would write back to me just wanted to keep it short

It started about a year and a half ago. Have looked up sleep paralysis for the past two days and from what people have been describing to me some of the symptoms are the same but others are way off, Those being the been taken over,the sitting on my chest,and the feeling of being paralysed also not there........

The exact thing is waking up looking at the clock and having the feeling of someone in the room.

When my GF stays over i see the "THING"/PERSON and wake her up and then ill fall back to sleep.

She is going to record me the next time !!!!!

It has not happened since i posted on this site.

cool,

Boardsbusters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Classic case of sleep paralysis. I dont know how many times there have been people on here talking about waking up during the night and having a paranormal experience. Ok, maybe some people do, but it isnt that common

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

OP, instead of posting on a paranormal forum my advice would be to see a doctor right away. Explain the situation to them and see what they say.

You wouldnt want to die of a heart attack because you didnt go to the doc because you thought you were haunted, would you?

• Advertisement

ask over there ---->

Advertisement