Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Costello answers questions from Politics forum members

Options
  • 30-09-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed questions to this thread, where members could ask Joe Costello TD, Labour's spokesperson on European Affairs and Director of Elections for the Lisbon Treaty.

We had some very good questions posed. Unfortunately due to Joe's hectic, pre-vote schedule - I couldn't put every question to him, but he gave me a good tweny minutes yesterday where
    I posed the majority of the questions put to him, thanks to the help of the Labour Press Office.

I've also published the interview on the Boards.ie blog:

http://blog.boards.ie/2009/09/30/lisbon-questions-to-the-labour-party/

and you can watch it directly on YouTube here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXV1V38NWI

You'll have to excuse my poor interview skills. Did what I could etc.

Your comments, questions, reaction, feedback, criticisms and the like are more than welcome.

Thanks again

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Thanks Darragh (and Joe)

there seems to be problems with sound (due to wind?) thruout the video

otherwise I hope people do view this he does explain things very clearly

maybe embed the video here in your post @ Darragh?

best part (about 17mins in):

"I think its very dangerous that someone (Declan G) could undermine our constitution, with either foreign money or their own money of a wealthy business person, with a very questionable agenda, where funding came from very suspicious circumstance, who has refused point blank to comply with SIPO who wrote to him, communicated to him, emailed to him on a number of ocassions and he has not provided the information which he is obliged to do ..."

"...im worried about someone of that nature coming out of the blue, spending a fortune, and trying to get a particular result"

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

ei.sdraob wrote: »

"I think its very dangerous that someone (Declan G) could undermine our constitution, with either foreign money or their own money of a wealthy business person, with a very questionable agenda, where funding came from very suspicious circumstance, who has refused point blank to comply with SIPO who wrote to him, communicated to him, emailed to him on a number of ocassions and he has not provided the information which he is obliged to do ..."

"...im worried about someone of that nature coming out of the blue, spending a fortune, and trying to get a particular result"

:eek:

The yes side certainly wouldnt do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks Darragh (and Joe)

there seems to be problems with sound (due to wind?) thruout the video

otherwise I hope people do view this he does explain things very clearly

maybe embed the video here in your post @ Darragh?

You're welcome. Yes, the sound is a wee bit dodgy - we were (obviously) outside for this. Listening to it now, I can hear it very well in my left earphone speaker but not in the right. Sorry about that!

I think YouTube videos can't be embedded here - apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I like how he broached my question about the poster campaigns from both sides, answering in a manner that only addressed the No sides scaremongering, lol

Guess it was to be expected though, he is a politician set to Yes after all.. he was hardly going to admit to his own sides use of misleading posters

Good interview all the same.. hopefully more like it will take place and give members a chance to ask questions which they believe need to be answered

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Good interview all the same.. hopefully more like it will take place and give members a chance to ask questions which they believe need to be answered

+1, it should be made a permanent feature so far as possible. It's so good to actually listen to someone talk without three or four voices from both sides drowning each other out.

• Advertisement

using the youtube tag with just the id inside

;)

Nice one, thanks so much!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Would someone be able to do me a massive favour; my bandwidth is absolutely miniscule and Youtube videos gobble it up extremely quickly; would anyone be able to tell me if my questions were asked and if so, what were the answers?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

hijack

This thread is IMHO one of the best things that have every happened to Boards.ie and I hope will be something than in the future we'll look back to and say "Yes...that's when it all really began".

Community Manager +1

/hijack

Ponster wrote: »
    hijack

This thread is IMHO one of the best things that have every happened to Boards.ie and I hope will be something than in the future we'll look back to and say "Yes...that's when it all really began".

Community Manager +1

/hijack

Thank you very much :)

Advertisement