Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] "Hey you on the Bike" - Luas

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.luas.ie/page.php?name=A_Safety_Message_from_Luas_aimed_at_Pedestrians
    “Hey you on the Bike”

Veolia Transport have launched a safety message entitled “be safe be seen" . The poster campaign on Luas Stops is aimed at cyclists and is intended to encourage them to wear bright reflective clothing particularly in the winter months.

People in Dublin are familiar with the Luas and many cyclists are relaxed around it however Veolia Transport the operator of the Luas is calling on cyclists to be more alert. Wear reflective clothing at all times and stay safe. Being bright is being safe.

Safety is our No.1 priority, we have a good track record and we want to keep it that way.

To view the information at the stop please click here.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Oh, so, are they going to paint buses and trams high-vis yellow so they can see each other? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

monument wrote: »
    Oh, so, are they going to paint buses and trams high-vis yellow so they can see each other? :rolleyes:

I think they might be planning to fit them with bright lights and build them in large, noticeable sizes.

mackerski wrote: »
    I think they might be planning to fit them with bright lights and build them in large, noticeable sizes.

oh great...
    http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/cianginty/3926753828/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

mackerski wrote: »
    I hear they're considering making them big, obvious and noisy/audible too!

• Advertisement

I hear they're considering making them big, obvious and noisy/audible too!

Great, then motorists may stop knocking into them.

Advertisement