Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF sponsor blockout?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone any idea why some the sponsors logos round the ring have been getting blocked out in certain shots but not in others? e.g. the burger king symbol was blocked out at one point of the show but not at others and the tapout symbol was blocked out but was shown when the camera zoomed in a little bit. Is starting to annoy me a wee bit now. Kimbo's tapout bedspread was shown in first ep but blocked out in second.

Only thing I can think of is if the sponsors are paying only for a certain amount of coverage per episode, although I dont see why they wouldnt want the constant exposure instead of blocked out logos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I imagine that the sponsors haven't paid to advertise outside of Spike, so ESPN/Fuel/Setanta block the logos. They obviously missed a few and also they wouldn't be blocked in the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Mellor wrote: »
    I imagine that the sponsors haven't paid to advertise outside of Spike, so ESPN/Fuel/Setanta block the logos. They obviously missed a few and also they wouldn't be blocked in the states

But you'd think that when the sponsors pay for it they would pay the UFC not the channels showing it. After all the majority of the logos blocked out are on octagon canvas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wandy wrote: »
    But you'd think that when the sponsors pay for it they would pay the UFC not the channels showing it.

It doesn't work this way.

Not really. They pay UFC and it would include a contract which states what payment is related to.
    When the UFC broker a deal with Setanta (for example), burger king doesn't wish to pay extra for irish air-time, so setanta setanta don't get a cut and (rightly) block out their logos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Mellor wrote: »
    Not really. They pay UFC and it would include a contract which states what payment is related to.
    When the UFC broker a deal with Setanta (for example), burger king doesn't wish to pay extra for irish air-time, so setanta setanta don't get a cut and (rightly) block out their logos.

ok yea i see now. only reason it kinda annoys me is that the logo will be blocked out in one ep and allowed in the next, or comes into view after the camera zooms in closer to the mat...

• Advertisement

I suppose in some shots, say where they are lying on the logo, it would be silly to try and blurr it out, so they have to leave it, and others times they miss it.

Advertisement