Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA Teachers 10-10-09 4mile and 2 mile

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

BHAA Teachers 10-10-09
    The 10 of October will see the first cross county of this season for the BHAA it also marks the beginning of the winter individual league for all runners.
    The race itself is set in the magnificent grounds of castknock college.
    It’s ran over and around the main sport area at the back of the college and is manly flat with a few hills to contend with.
    The men’s is a 4 mile while women’s is 2 mile. Traditionally women’s cross country is normally shorter then the men’s race. Although women are able to run the longer distance as some of our present members already do.
    There will be plenty of prizes for BHAA Team and Individual prizes
    Registration, Parking, Changing Facilities and Refreshments within College Grounds.

Registration is from 9:30 AM
    Race starts at 11:00 Am
    Contact Kieran Gallagher 8213051, 087 6225450
    Cost is €10 for BHAA member
    Yearly membership is €15
    Further detals can be fround at www.bhaa.ie
    Mail info@bhaa.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Last year this was my first cross country race in decades:eek:. Its a very good race for anyone who has'nt done xc before as the course isn't too demanding so it won't frighten you off xc for life.
    Can't do it this year due to it clashing with the novice xc but I'd recommend anyone to give it a go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

^ What he said, definitely a nice introduction to XC races.

Can't do it myself this year either because of the novice the next day, but might head along with the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

robinph wrote: »

Can't do it myself this year either because of the novice the next day, but might head along with the camera.

what distence is the novice race. I have not been down the club much so a bit out of the loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

rdunne wrote: »
    what distence is the novice race. I have not been down the club much so a bit out of the loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

robinph wrote: »

Yep I'd agree too its a very good race, nice course and fast too, not too hard a route but not too easy either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

first post on boards.

As a fully paid up BHAA member ill be there. Can't wait! I love all the BHAA races, very well organised and great people.

Advertisement