Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drawing it on first......................

Options
  • 29-09-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Howa lads, as some of you know iv been thinking of getting a tattoo latly and have been playing around with a few ideas. I was wondring if I print off a design I like, what is what is the easyest way to draw it onto my arm to see what it looks like. I suck at art so couldnt free hand and have tryed going over the design with a marker to see if it would go through the paper onto my arm but never does.

I hope Im making sense and someone can help me out.

Chears
    Jason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

maybe get a sheet or two of acetate (the stuff overheads are drawn on) trace the design with marker onto it,cut it out and stick it onto your arm?

it could give you an idea of what it would look like that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i did this lol my other half wanted to know what a cover up tattoo would look like so out came the tracing paper and i copied the design off the computer then armed with a marker i spent the weekend drawing on him :)
    go for it try and get a friend to help you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Have a friend do a quickie in photoshop?

Or download Gimp and give it a go yourself, its not exactly difficult to crop the design you like to fit your arm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Traviata

nobody there who can draw u the printing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Chears for the replys lads, unfortunitly my whole familey sucks at art so no1 can draw it on for me. Might go down to a tattoist and see if they will draw it on for me for a fiver or sumtin.

Jason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=171&CatID=45

Saw that the other day, looks like a deadly idea, try that!

-you print off your design at home and you have a temp tattoo, sounds perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

Would cost ya less than 3 euro to have it shipped within 5 days too, and the sheets are 3.40 a pop, so less than a tenner in total for two sheets delivered to your door.

Imagine the possibilities if it worked o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

ugliest wrote: »
    http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=171&CatID=45

Saw that the other day, looks like a deadly idea, try that!

-you print off your design at home and you have a temp tattoo, sounds perfect.
    ugliest wrote: »
    Would cost ya less than 3 euro to have it shipped within 5 days too, and the sheets are 3.40 a pop, so less than a tenner in total for two sheets delivered to your door.

Imagine the possibilities if it worked o_0

Chears lad. Managed to just draw it on myself, didnt look very good but I still loved it. So im just thinking how much id love the proper one when done by an artist:)

Advertisement