Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DrinkStore now online

Options
  • 29-09-2009 7:43pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Top-notch Dublin offy DrinkStore now has an online shop -- great range of beers available on a mix and match basis.

Delivery is €5 in Dublin, €10 for the rest of Ireland, and that gets you a 30kg box.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

From ICB forum:
    Shhh!! don't tell anyone
    Up but not live just yet the cart is disabled! still testing one or two bits.Maybe a day or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I don't like the price of their Irish whiskeys. Their "special offer" on Connemara Peated Malt is hardly that special and over €40 for Jameson 12yr is too much as is €27 for Kilbegggan (€24 elsewhere) and Redbreast at €50 is mental when O'Briens have it at €35.

But nice website though, easy to use and nice to look at and there's not tonnes of flashing ads and popups etc. (I like the neon-esque sign though if a bit MiamiVice :p). My my, Porterhouse Plain and Hop Head in a bottle ? When did that happen ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Site's now live. Sorry for the false alarm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    . My my, Porterhouse Plain and Hop Head in a bottle ? When did that happen ?

Very recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Very good selection of beers but very pricey; €3.50 for a bottle of Augustiner Helles? You can buy 30 bottles from www.beerangel.com for €64.30 including delivery.That works out at about €2.14 a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

PWEI wrote: »
    Very good selection of beers but very pricey; €3.50 for a bottle of Augustiner Helles? You can buy 30 bottles from www.beerangel.com for €64.30 including delivery.That works out at about €2.14 a bottle.

Aye it's pricey by european standards - but I think it's fair by Irish standards - I don't know what it is but with beer I'm scared of buying alot outside the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

PWEI wrote: »

but you are taking your chances with customs charging you excise duty on that. the delivery charges are very reasonable. anyone any idea of how many beers equals 30kg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Approx 18 bottles of wine or spirit, (from website). but I put 100 bottles throught the checkout basket, as a test and it was still €10, so they have to work that out.

dereko1969 wrote: »
    but you are taking your chances with customs charging you excise duty on that. the delivery charges are very reasonable. anyone any idea of how many beers equals 30kg?

500ml of beer is just less than 500g and the bottle 200g or so?

I weight a bottle, came in at 700g-720g

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Is it yourself

Approx 18 bottles of wine or spirit, (from website). but I put 100 bottles throught the checkout basket, as a test and it was still €10, so they have to work that out.

Thats cause your order went over €200, flat fee of €10 nationwide for orders over €200 ,free in dublin though.:)

Advertisement