Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private calls identified?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

My niece got a bad Upsetting call last week on the Meteor phone,

The caller rang private is there anyway she can find out who made that call

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Yes, they can trace the number if you give them the time & date of the call - but they won't give the information directly to you. They will give it to the Gardaí if they are investigating, but I doubt if the Gardaí would get involved in an investigation of just one call unless it was something very serious like a serious death threat or the like. They'd be more likely to get involved if it was a regular occurrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

As jeckle said you can make a complaint to Meteor and the Gardai about it. If they investigate it Meteor will be able to pass on the phone number of whoever made the call to the Gardai although this does require a court order as far as I know.

Advertisement