Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Getting involved" in college

Options
  • 29-09-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello all, only been back in college 2 days and im already feeling guilty for not being involved in any societies within college. I didnt go to freshers week because i was away for the Summer and wanted to avoid coming back to Ireland as long as possible....

Just wondering if it is too late to sign up to societies? I havnt heard of any that i think i want to be in that much but most people seem to reeeeeallly recommend getting involved with college in order to enjoy it to the full!? I was kinda thinking i would like to write for a paper or something but its probably too late for that now...? If anyone is a member of a society that they would particularly recommend id love to hear about it :) Anything dramaish/music ish or sports ish and that has a bit of craic of course! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

Join Windsurfing!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hand out fliers for a yes vote on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

amacachi wrote: »
    Hand out fliers for a yes vote on Friday.

And on the thursday before that hand out no vote fliers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Rob_l wrote: »
    And on the thursday before that hand out no vote fliers

Nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

A few societies came to some of my classes asking us to join yesterday, so I don't think it's too late. I think you can join at any time of the year anyway.

I haven't been to any of the training times for the clubs I joined because I'm not feeling the best, so I hope I haven't missed too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

You can join all year round with nearly all, we had some latecomers last year who are on council now (Phil)
    We're having a novice speakers competition from next week if you'd be interested? Is always good fun and great to meet people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Isn't there a more relaxed societies day, after freshers' week, when postgrads and latecomers can sign up? Or have I missed that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭username4321

Think it's in January, word on the street says so anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Join one sports club (perhaps a martial art, you can take them up from scratch) and one society (VdeP, Duams, whatever your interests are).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Isn't there a more relaxed societies day, after freshers' week, when postgrads and latecomers can sign up? Or have I missed that?
    I believe there's a Freshers' Day for postgrads etc. on Thursday but I certainly know none of the societies I'm involved with will be there, cause we have, you know, college to go to. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement