Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power adapter for SNES

Options
  • 29-09-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone have any idea what power adapter a snes takes?

I know its 9v but they all have different milliamps and stuff and i really dont
    want to mess the machine up.

Also where would the best place to get one be? Would Maplin have them?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm almost sure it's a proprietary adapter so you'll need one specific to the snes unless you want to do a massive modification job on a similar power adapter. Best place to get one would be ebay and make sure it's the correct one for your region of SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Thanks for that retrogamer. To fleebay i go. Thought it would have just been a random adapter that would have done the trick but its no problem. Thanks again for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Any one would do as long as its the right voltage, amperage and polarity.

Any one would do as long as its the right voltage, amperage and polarity.

Really? Well can anyone tell me what the ampage and polarity. I know it has to be 9volts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I use a universal adapter, with the right amp / volt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Peats sell {or did} then, they should still have a few knocking around the back stores.

Really? Totally forgot about peats. And would i just ask for a snes adapter or is there any special one,so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

think there's a unversial adapter in the 2 euro shops that does 9v

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

..in case its any use , if memory serves its the same adaptor that the NES uses as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    think there's a unversial adapter in the 2 euro shops that does 9v

yeah, thats the one I have, bog standard... I use it for a couple of consoles

• Advertisement

Yes the NES and SNES both take the same adapter. The output on it is 9V AC, 1300mA. I've heard that a DC adapter works fine but wouldn't try it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Peats sell {or did} then, they should still have a few knocking around the back stores.

Maybe a universal one, but all that old stuff was turfed out many years ago when I worked there

Advertisement