Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 320cd Stuttering at 2k Revs

Options
  • 29-09-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I have a 04 BMW 320cd which has recently developed a problem. Whlie driving with the engine at about 2K revs, no matter what the gear the engine seems to stutter, as if i have blipped the throttle. If i raise or lower the revs the problem goes away. The car is otherwise perfect.

Is this the signs of something about to go or does anybody have any other ideas? The car has 90k miles on it.

A post on boards from last year had the same problem but no solution was posted..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Howdy,
    Had a similar issue with a 99 318 with less miles on it.. basically the valves - intake, outtake (those things, I'm no expert) and some hoses had to be replaced just due to wear and tear...

got it sorted in Ac Cars and no problems since

<<<----
    woot 1000th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Could be anything.

I would check to see any leaks around the air intake and the MAF first.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

More than likely air flow meter or split in hose between airflow meter and intake manifold

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elbaztardo

Thanks for yere replies lads.

Any chance its the turbo about to go no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭beachlife

elbaztardo wrote: »
    Thanks for yere replies lads.

Any chance its the turbo about to go no?

What miles is on it? Was it main dealer or aftermarket serviced?

• Advertisement

beachlife wrote: »
    What miles is on it? Was it main dealer or aftermarket serviced?

90k miles and its been main dealer serviced about every 15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

alo1587 wrote: »
    More than likely air flow meter or split in hose between airflow meter and intake manifold

I would second this. Have a Google for cleaning the MAF sensor, its something you can do yourself.

Thanks lads ill try the MAF so...

Advertisement