Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian Ignition

Options
  • 29-09-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Having just passed the test a few days I'm at pains to get my insurance quote down. I've seen mention of the Hibernian Ignition course mentioned on some threads here, however has anyone actually done the lesson/test/course? Would be interested in hearing any feedback.

Cheers,

Sanf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You would be better off doing a advanced driving course.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanf

You would be better off doing a advanced driving course.

Why so? Hibernian are offering 20-40% off my premium if I pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

sanf wrote: »
    Why so? Hibernian are offering 20-40% off my premium if I pass.

Have you looked at the restrictions involved in the Ignition course?

Edit, I just went and looked at them again. Gone is the 1.1 litre engine restriction and curfew on driving at night.

Never mind, I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Gone is the 1.1 litre engine restriction...
    Thought it was 1.6? Is that gone too, or did it just change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 sanf

This post has been deleted.

A bit of feedback as I did the test a couple of weeks ago.

It's run by the Hibernian Driving School which is essentially driving instructors who take on business from Hibernian. I got to take out a fairly new '09 Astra around Shankhill for about 40 minutes. A very pleasant and chatty tester - so it's not exactly like a driving test, more of a "see how you can handle yourself in a different car" type situation which you get graded on. I found it challenging enough as I'm not familiar with the area.

I phoned up Hibernian yesterday and I had passed so got a reduction on my premium, about 20% if my maths are correct. So it was well worth the effort.

Advertisement