Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UKIP want to prevent Irish fishermen fishing in UK waters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'll be very surprised if you hear a peep out of the No's on this. Best for them to let it go away as fast as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Not such a big deal if you ask me.
    The Brits should stay the hell out of our fishing waters too.
    It just seems fair.
    If we're taking money out of their pockets we should stop. We don't like it when Spanish ships arrive our waters. What's good for the Goose etc...
    I don't knwo what this thread is supposed to be highlighting, I'm sure there are plenty of people in Britain who have no affiliation with UKIP who would share these sentiments.

As for the leaflets being sent to all irish homes, I haven't got one, so their fiendish plan mustn't be all that fiendish.
    I'm sure that if a group from Germany or France etc... were sending around pro Lisbon material you wouldn't be up in arms over that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The big deal is that €8.5bn - (€3.9bn + €3.16bn) = €1.44bn != €200bn

marco_polo wrote: »
    The big deal is that €8.5bn - (€3.9bn + €3.16bn) = €1.44bn != €200bn

If we are profitting illegally at the expense of others it could be hugley harmful to how we are percieved.
    We hate it when other countries have the nerve to come into our waters so why should it be ok for us to do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

nullzero wrote: »
    If we are profitting illegally at the expense of others it could be hugley harmful to how we are percieved.
    We hate it when other countries have the nerve to come into our waters so why should it be ok for us to do the same?

It's legal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not sure where you get the impression that any of this iis illegal? This is all covered in the common fisheries policy. We gave away 4.6bn worth of fish in exchange for 3.16billion of fish + tens of billions in EU development funds and other aid.

Good deal in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Not such a big deal if you ask me.

well considering our fishermen caught more from UK waters

http://seaaroundus.org/TrophicLevel/EEZTaxon.aspx?eez=826&fao=27&country=United%20Kingdom&Hasnote=1&typeOut=4&Tx=1

than UK fishermen have caught in our (smaller) waters

http://seaaroundus.org/TrophicLevel/EEZTaxon.aspx?eez=372&fao=27&country=Ireland&Hasnote=1&typeOut=4&Tx=1

then yes it is a big loss for the Irish fishing industry if these lunatics get their way

the data and graphs are linked above

/

marco_polo wrote: »
    Not sure where you get the impression that any of this iis illegal? This is all covered in the common fisheries policy. We gave away 4.6bn worth of fish in exchange for 3.16billion of fish + tens of billions in EU development funds and other aid.

Good deal in my book.

yep

60 billion is a larger number than 3 billion

last i checked :D

pats the Irish Euro diplomats on the back

:)

It's legal.

I know, bad post by me.
    It is something that could be illegal in the future, it certainly is morally wrong to be fishing in another countries waters and making huge profits. That was the point I was trying to make.

It's legal.
    ei.sdraob wrote: »
    yep

60 billion is a larger number than 3 billion

last i checked :D

pats the Irish Euro diplomats on the back

:)

This is all pie in the sky stuff anyway.
    There's no danger of the UKIP being in power in the near future, so you have nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement

There's no danger of the UKIP being in power in the near future, so you have nothing to worry about.

a NO vote gives the more legitimacy and a top card that they can use to gain power and destroy the Irish economy

thats on top of the hypocrisy and lies about fisheries from the NO side of which UKIP are a vocal part of

/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

It think it's more that bull**** leaflet they sent to every household in Ireland.

a NO vote gives the more legitimacy and a top card that they can use to gain power and destroy the Irish economy

thats on top of the hypocrisy and lies about fisheries from the NO side of which UKIP are a vocal part of

/

Are you for real?
    UKIP have as much chance of affect legislation in Britain as I have.
    This thread proves nothing at all.
    It's more like stupid scaremongering.
    So what is the Brits want to have their waters to themselves to fish in. It's not like theyr'e coming over into our waters and stealing our fish, so I don't see your point.
    This will never happen, the UKIP has feck all support in Britain so you can calm down, it's not a real problem.
    As for a No vote destroying our economy?
    There no real evidence to suggest that our economy will be affected either way.
    We have nothing anyone wnats in terms of direct foriegn investment, so we're looking at a hard time economically for quite some time regardless of the Lisbon vote. Lisbon is not a vote on EU membership or whether or not we'll have jobs to go to. Thats pure lies and you know it, or at least you should.

i am for real (pinches himself)

this thread highlights

the lies and hypocrisy over Irish Fisheries coming from the NO campaign

im sorry that you are not able to see that

but continue on, this is a 3rd thread where you are trying to get personal and being insulting. did i hit a nerve :D

/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

was reading this document

they want to prevent everyone (including Irish) except UK fishermen from fishing in their waters

Irish Fishermen have caught from €3.16bn from British waters since 1973

:(

Sure they are damn right this is what we want to to leave the irish waters to the irish fishermen. what is your point exactly? or is there one? apart from clutching at straws?

suimhneas wrote: »
    Sure they are damn right this is what we want to to leave the irish waters to the irish fishermen. what is your point exactly? or is there one? apart from clutching at straws?

my point is

Irish fishermen caught more from UK waters than UK fishermen caught from Irish waters

UKIP want to put this to an end, thereby making the lives of our fishermen much harder

the OP also has links to interesting article about the value of the fisheries exposing the lies and the hypocrisy from the NO campaign about Irish fisheries

comprende?

/

i am for real (pinches himself)

this thread highlights

the lies and hypocrisy over Irish Fisheries coming from the NO campaign

im sorry that you are not able to see that

but continue on, this is a 3rd thread where you are trying to get personal and being insulting. did i hit a nerve :D

/

This thread highlights how much you wish to discredit the No, even if it means abondoning logic.
    I really cant see what the fishing policies of a small British political party with **** all support ahs to do with Ireland or the Lisbon treaty.
    So what if they send around leaflets? Throw it out if you don't like it, they're only wasting their money not yours.
    Grow up.

my point is

Irish fishermen caught more from UK waters than UK fishermen caught from Irish waters

UKIP want to put this to an end, thereby making the lives of our fishermen much harder

the OP also has links to interesting article about the value of the fisheries exposing the lies and the hypocrisy from the NO campaign about Irish fisheries

comprende?

/

Its not going to be a problem because the UKIP will never be in power, thus invalidating you "argument",comprende?

So what if they send around leaflets? Throw it out if you don't like it, they're only wasting their money not yours.
    Grow up.

1. they are not elected or represent anyone here

2. some people may fall for their lies

/

Its not going to be a problem because the UKIP will never be in power, thus invalidating you "argument",comprende?

can I borrow your time machine?

UKIP are the 4th largest party in UK and unfortunately growing

what you said is like saying few years ago the Greens would never be in power

anyways this is European Politics forum, do you have a problem with people discussing European Politics

??

1. they are not elected or represent anyone here

2. some people may fall for their lies

/

can I borrow your time machine?

UKIP are the 4th largest party in UK and unfortunately growing

what you said is like saying few years ago the Greens would never be in power

anyways this is European Politics forum, do you have a problem with people discussing European Politics

??

Do you really think they will be elected?
    The lib dems have been banging on the door for decades with no joy.
    It really is a two party system in the UK at the moment, so Is tand by what I said, UKIP have no chance of being in power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's not like theyr'e coming over into our waters and stealing our fish, so I don't see your point.

They do actually but it is legal, so I presume that will stop to.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement