Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent :Name of the virus scanner similar to hijack-this?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I recently used a small anti-virus program similar to hijack-this or smitfaudfix, but I can't remember the name of it. Anybody know?

All I remember is that it had a yellow icon....

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Is it The Comedian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Cheers Spocker, I've actually never heard Comedian, so I googled it...and up popped Combofix, which is what I was looking for.

So cheers man!!

I don't know why I forgot the name of it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

As it turns out, combofix's icon is red......not yellow. Sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

Combo-fix is not too user friendly and can cause havoc on a PC if not used properly.

I found a tool that IMHO is a bit more user-friendly and seems to nip things in the bud without doing tons of scans, thus saving valuable time. Unhackme
    http://www.greatis.com/unhackme/download.htm

If you follow the beginners guide and run through all the steps you may find success in your query.
    It may not be for everybody but I found it sure saves alot of time, especially when time is important to the client.
    I've been doing PC repairs for 9 yrs now, specializing in Malware and viruses mostly.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

You shouldn't be using ComboFix nor unhackme yourself, neither are user friendly

Chances are you will damage your PC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

You shouldn't be using ComboFix nor unhackme yourself, neither are user friendly

Chances are you will damage your PC

I don't really agree with that, sorry, unhackme has many suggestions and solutions for problems found. I've used it many times, and when in doubt I google to see if the item in question can be removed safely ;)

Advertisement