Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of Advertising??

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am looking into a new startup and trying to calculate Advertising costs.

I was wondering could anyone help me with displaying what they are paying for theirs at the moment.

I was thinking along the lines of National and/or Local.
    Newspaper,
    Radio ads,
    Bill Boards,
    Google Ads,
    Anymore service's you may use.

what costs for once off or per month.

Thanks very much for your help on this:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've been wotrking in Design/Advertising for the last 10 years and when it comes to Press Advertising Pierce Media (in Dublin) are the best for getting good deals. They are great for radio and outdoor advertising too but for online I tend to deal with other crowds.

I mostly do press design, campaign management and distribution but if theres anything I can answer on those just drop me a PM.

Oh, and most people wont bput up their prices because they vary so much. Theres always room to negotiate!

• Company Representative Posts: 103 Verified rep MovieExtras.ie: Derek

Good site to check out prices is MediaLive it covers the rate cards for most advertising mediums. Though depending on your budget and your approach you should be able to get discounts

Can you say what your target market is? Age, location, gender. And can you give an indiaction of what your product / service is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

derekme wrote: »
    Good site to check out prices is MediaLive it covers the rate cards for most advertising mediums. Though depending on your budget and your approach you should be able to get discounts

Can you say what your target market is? Age, location, gender. And can you give an indiaction of what your product / service is?

Medialive is actually owned/run by Pierce Media that I mentioned above.

As derekme says Medialive has rate cards but these are just indications of prices and in my experience dont be put off by the figures on there. You can get good deals if you go to the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Thanks for this guys,

I was really only looking for rough prices so I got do out general pricing for myself before gettin into a full detailed breakdow. i.e looking to see if its a viable idea..

Sorry I can't let out on the idea yet as its new to Ireland and don't want to say much yet really, but it will involve a good bit of advertising.

I don't seem to be able to see anything on the site because I'm not registered, I'll try register later and see can I find the guides.

Thanks

Advertisement