Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clear a routers settings before selling it?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

I have a BT router i'm about to sell, but i'd like to be sure i'm not leaving any personal info on it before i do, how do i do this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have a BT router i'm about to sell, but i'd like to be sure i'm not leaving any personal info on it before i do, how do i do this?

Many routers have a factory reset button or menu option which will reset it to default values. Look for a pin hole size hole that you can stick a pen in. Hold down the button while powering on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Thanks! thought there might be more to it than the usual reset, off to adverts i go!

Advertisement