Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for artisan weapon smith in Ireland.

Options
  • 29-09-2009 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi Everybody,

No idea if this is the right place for a question like this, if not, please move the thread? :rolleyes:

A friend of mine has been very interested for multiple years in making / forging his own sword, and because its his birthday soon, and he is getting married soon, I was looking for an artisan weapon smith to make him a custom sword or preferably let him make his own. I googled the hell out of weaponsmith, blacksmith, artisan in front of it, Ireland behind it, but no real results i could find.

Anyone any idea if there even are any artisan weapon smiths or armor smiths in Ireland? Let alone one that would have a 'workshop' to let him create his own?

Thanks in advance for answers, would be a great help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Mike from galway. Made a sword for me for my ex as a present. if i can find his number or details i'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

If you could :) would be great, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

Try looking in the re-enactment forum www.livinghistory.ie, or put an ad up there. Lots of guys there into swords...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 forgingfool

Try looking on: www.irishblacksmiths.com there are lots of smith listed on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I know Mike in Galway. He's lived in the US for a while now though. I also know that for all the cool stuff Mike makes he doesn't really do classic forging. There's a really talented blacksmith based in Letterkenny called Charlie Gallagher. He doesn't have a website, but he's a good friend of mine so if you're still interested I could certainly get you in touch with him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement