Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things To Do In Tralee

Options
  • 28-09-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who may not have seen it, there's an activities thread in the Galway forum. I couldn't find an equivalent one for Tralee and as I'm new to the town I don't have much to suggest so far. So, over to you more knowlegeable posters!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

There's an open-mic night tonight down in Bailey's Corner, put on by the IT Tralee Music Society. Kicking off around 9.30, had a few last year and they were quite fun.
    Non-students are more than welcome too and its free!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Sean ogs is good for trad music,and Shane and Bongo john play the abbey thursday nights,think they start arourd 11/12,essential stuff if you are new to the town.They do Friday nights in the blasket also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

If you like singing kerry choral union meet every Wednesday night at 8 in collis sands house.

night classes anyone?

bowling over in manor

there is a photographic society in Ardfert meet every thuresday at 8 in ardfert golf club.

you can go fishing in blennerville mullet,flounder and bass.

bird watch on the road out to blennerville!! ok maybe not.

learn a musical instrument in kerry school of music!

go to the cinema?

Bridge! (mention of blennerville reminded me) you could learn to play bridge and if you wanted you could play every night of the week!

there is an astro turf league being run in IT Tralee's all weather pitch teams are always looking for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thanks sheesh, loads of info there!
    sheesh wrote: »
    go to the cinema?
    Whereabouts is the cinema in Tralee? I think I've driven past it but I can't remember where that was.
    sheesh wrote:
    there is an astro turf league being run in IT Tralee's all weather pitch teams are always looking for players.
    That would be handy. Do you know of a website or some other way of getting contact details to put my name down? I used to play a few nights a week in Galway and I'd love to get back playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Cinema:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tralee,+County+Kerry,+Ireland&ll=52.263627,-9.709082&spn=0.005621,0.01929&z=16

dan spring road near the Aqua dome

five a side league:
    don't know the website, but I remember a big banner being up outside the pitch so if its still going on there the banner should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

sheesh wrote: »
    Cinema:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tralee,+County+Kerry,+Ireland&ll=52.263627,-9.709082&spn=0.005621,0.01929&z=16

dan spring road near the Aqua dome

five a side league:
    don't know the website, but I remember a big banner being up outside the pitch so if its still going on there the banner should be there.
    Thanks again sheesh!

Advertisement